Sunday, June 20, 2010

Vital hit

I've been thinking about what have I learnt from this relationship?

After thinking about this question for almost a month, I think I've finally come to an answer:

Communication.

Yeah...This is old stuff, but despite our differences, I think the lack of real communication is what made it fail so early. There were things I wasn't happy about, eating, alone time, money etc, just to name a few. I guess I tried hinting with a few of them, but it just never got anywhere. Was I bad at my hints? Or he was bad at intepreting? Or he didn't know what to do? I'm not sure. He did tell me I should just tell him what to do, which I did with one or two problems, but it didn't work. Something was just not right. So, is it really the lack of communication? Or we were just too different? Good questions, again I have no answer. No point asking him, because he doesn't want to think about it. I think for him, it's more just like, we weren't happy, so it should end, why bother thinking about what happened? LOL.

Anyway, next time, when I'm in a relationship, if I'm not happy about a situation, I should try to talk openly about it. Hiding or hinting doesn't seem to work. If it breaks a relationship, then maybe it was just not meant to be.

Hopefully I'll remember this conversation with myself. Ha.

No comments: